Bike On The Ledge #1 is handmade from oak wood and finished using a natural smoking process followed with oiling by hand. This bike hanger will certainly be a talking point in any home.
1) Select a a section of a load bearing/masonry wall. Before drilling or putting a screw into a wall, be sure you’ve checked what’s behind it with a pipe, cable and stud detector (also known as a multi-purpose digital detector).
2) Place one hand underneath the lid and one on top to gently lift the lid off
3) Place the bike hanger against the wall where you would like it mounted using a spirit level
4) Holding the hanger against the wall (with the spirit level), mark the screw holes on the wall with a pen/marker
5) Remove the hanger to check the three screw holes are marked correctly on the wall
6) Drill three holes (8 mm) where you’ve marked on the wall. Make sure to drill perpendicularly into the wall
7) Insert the plugs into the three holes
8) Keeping the lid off, place bike hanger back into position against the wall
9) Using a screw driver, screw the screws tightly into the plugs
10) Carefully place the lid back on the bike hanger and decorate accordingly
See the ‘Videos’ section for a tutorial.