(also see “Video” tab)
- Unpack your BOTL Amsterdam product. Carefully take the top plate off the ledge. Make sure to support the front as well as the back while doing this. Wood is a natural product, and needs some help.
- Select a strong enough wall and preferably use a wall scanner to make sure there are no gas or electricity pipes close. Work safely.
- Use a spirit level to make sure that the bike rack will be hanging straight.
- Take a pencil or a pen to mark the screw holes on the wall, while keeping an eye on the spirit level.
- Probably the most difficult step: drilling holes in the wall (needed: 8mm wall drill). Drill a hole of about 5 cm to 6 cm deep. Make sure that the plugs provided are suitable for the wall you selected. If in doubt, please seek advice from a DIY expert.
- Tighten the screws. If the holes are deep enough, you won’t need much force. Do not use all your force: enough is enough!
- Carefully place the top plate on the ledge. Again, do not use too much force. Wood is a natural product, and sometimes needs some help.
- Decorate your BOTL with books, flowers or photo frames and hang your bike.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your BOTL Amsterdam product.